Thursday, May 19, 2011

The woman with the matching socks

I don't care who you are, but if you are a female and your socks are blatantly visible, there is a problem here. Now, I have nothing against a little sock peeking out from the top of your sneaker or something of that matter, but if it is paired with hideous clogs and jeans that are just a bit too short, it's absolutely not acceptable.

Here's the kicker, though: The offending socks MATCHED her shirt. She planned this. She knew that they were going to show, so she knowingly matched them thinking that it would look less than shockingly horrible. It was a total fail.

They were cranberry colored. White would have been semi-acceptable. Black would have been a much better choice. But cranberry? First of all, I feel like people that are above the average weight for their age group should not be attracting too much attention to themselves, which is kind of impossible when you're rocking a cranberry colored turtleneck, frumpy jeans, cranberry colored socks and clogs that should have probably been thrown out ten years ago. OK, so she's a prime candidate for What Not to Wear, but I feel like that show shouldn't even need to exist. I mean, the woman works for the same company as I do, so I know she makes money of some sort, because I know I am. Instead of hitting up Marshalls, (not that I don't love a good steal at my local Marshalls) try going across the street to Macys.

No comments:

Post a Comment